Date Night Blog
This September marks 5 years of Mike and I dating! In honor of this, I made a list of some great Nashville Date Night Restaurants! There are all sorts of options listed, from sushi to burgers and from casual to dressier.
One of Mike’s favorite things to remind me is that he vowed we will NEVER stop dating! When we first met, we dated to get to know each other better. Now that we are married, we date to have some fun, or try a new restaurant, or to remember why we started dating to begin with – because we really like hanging out with each other! Without cell phones, or having to worrying about whether the laundry has been done.
This list is also perfect for all of my out of town friends! I can’t tell you how many times I have friends coming to town that ask for restaurants they need to try. Well here ya go! I have (*) these for you!
For the Atmosphere
- *Tavern – Tavern has an energetic, yet cozy atmosphere and is a foodies dream! The bar spans the width of the restaurant and has options for every style of drinker!
For the Food
- Etch – The chef, Deb Paquette, is known for her creative genius! Pairing foods you wouldn’t even think of putting together, just trust her! Now to decide which dish!
- Josephine’s – Located in 12 South, Josephine’s has a vibrant atmosphere with food to match! I cannot say enough at the food and service we received!
- Mere Bulles – If you are looking for a nice restaurant with quality food in a beautiful plantation-style home, Mere Bulles is your place!
For the Nashville Feel
- *Bakersfield – In the heart of downtown, Bakersfield’s atmosphere screams ‘Nashville’! I haven’t tried a taco I didn’t like, and the queso with chorizo is phenomenal!
- *Party Fowl – If you are in the mood for a casual, Nashville vibe with some good southern cookin’, a taste of Nashville’s famous hot chicken, and plenty of tap, this is the place for you!
- Husk – Husk is back! Located in a historic home south of Broadway, they serve farm-to-table plates you don’t want to miss.
For the Breakfast Junkie
- *Biscuit Love – Biscuit Love started out as a food truck and quickly expanded to a brick and mortar in the Gulch due to their sinfully good biscuits and traditional southern dishes!
For the Sushi
- Wild Ginger – Located in Cool Springs and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, the atmosphere is incredible, and the sushi is beautiful and delicious!
- Nama – They have a huge variety of specialty rolls that would make any sushi snob happy, and the Crab and Asiago Dip is a MUST!!
For the Pizza
- DeSano’s Pizza – Desano’s is perfect for a super casual date night! The open concept kitchen allows you to see the entire pizza making process, including wood-burning ovens!
- Five Points Pizza – This East Nashville gem has incredible New York style pizzas, and the garlic knots need to be on your must try list!
For Mexican Cuisine
- Saint Anejos – Saint Anejos takes Mexican to another level with their incredible dishes. The atmosphere is fun and windows open the entire space out to M Street.
- Uncle Julio’s – Tex Mex at its best! Located in Maryland Farms, Uncle Julio’s sure has made its mark in the Nashville scene with its famous Chocolate Piñata!
For the Burgers
- Jack Brown’s – Burgers with a kick and a large variety of craft beers. We combo this with the Sound’s Game (walkable) to get the full experience!
- The Pharmacy – Juicy burgers, tater tots, milkshakes, and a beer garden, could you ask for anything more?!
For the Drinks
- Arrington Vineyard – Arrington hosts events throughout the year including concerts all summer long. Bring some snacks, buy a bottle of wine, and enjoy the spectacular views!
- Gray’s on Main – Sneak away from the hectic downtown Nashville to historical downtown Franklin. Enough character and cocktails to fill three levels, need I say more?
I hope this helps all you indecisive people out there!
Heading to Ludlow & Prime tonight! I will keep you posted on what I think!